Sunday, November 28, 2010

Blue Mountain Lodge (Orange City, IA)

11/6/10

My wife and I went to the Blue Mountain Lodge with our nephew, who is a student at Northwestern in Orange City. Locally, the restaurant has a very good reputation, and we went on that alone.

The craft beer list was extensive--for NW Iowa anyway. Possibly two dozen bottles of fine beers, including at least four I hadn't had before: a pleasant surprise. I ended up getting the Sprecher Russian Imperial Stout, good but a bit light for the style--still enjoyable to drink. The remaining menu beers were a combination of Belgians and regional favorites.

For dinner, my nephew had the pulled pork sandwich, which he pronounced excellent, while we had the pizza special that was adequate but I would try something else next time I visit.  Great place to eat for beery parents visiting their kids at the college.

No comments:

Post a Comment