Monday, August 1, 2011

Patrick's on Third (St. Peter, MN)

7/30/11
Just returned to Patrick's for a pint and some food. Had a Hofbrau Hefeweizen, which was clean, refreshing and very good. Followed that with a Bell's Two Hearted that was also well served and as hoppy as it should be. Being a bit further out, there's always the fear that the hoppiest beer will old or stale, but not true at Patrick's. Had I had the time, I would've gladly ordered either beer again. Tried the next veggie option on the menu: bean quesadilla. Good and served the purpose. Veggie pizza looked a lot better, but looked like too much food for me at that point and no way of making use of leftovers. Pizza on the next trip. 

Band was playing on the patio, and, thankfully, the noise stayed out there so those inside could choose not to be in the cacophony. Friendly, quick service as well. Same conclusion as before--glad to hit Patrick's if I'm in town.

8/5/09
Spending a week at Gustavus for a class gave me the opportunity to be a short term "regular" at Patrick's. Large bar with several areas to hang out in depending on your mood and group size. Old building with a metal ceiling just like Town Hall and other bars in Minneapolis. Service was friendly, if a bit slow at times, but overall they were trying to do a good job for college kids working off tuition. 

I had lunch there the first day, which was good but not mind blowing. Several vegetarian options but the cheese sandwich was the only one I tried. I was talked into a Bloody Mary by the waitress because it was just passed noon on a Sunday. I found out I don't like Bloody Mary's and quickly ordered a beer when I finished it. Everyone else in the bar seemed very happy with their BM's. Good tap list, including Moose Drool, Summit Horizon, Bell's Two Hearted and Oberon, and a couple of Leinie's. All of the beer was well served that I had, so no fear on ordering anything on the tap list. Didn't explore the bottles in spite of several visits--just settled on drinking Two Hearted for the week. 

I wouldn't go too far out of my way to get to Patrick's, but, if in St. Peter, it is a perfectly good place to stop.

Reviewed on: 08-01-2011 01:29:25

No comments:

Post a Comment