Sunday, March 31, 2013

Mendota Liquor (Mendota Heights, MN)


Found Mendota Liquor when we had dinner the night before at Teresa's.  Always looking for another local option for picking up beer, I decided to check it when I happened to be in the area the next day.

This small mom and pop shop is jam packed with alcoholic options.  Head to the back left for the beer cooler with a strong selection of craft beer.  On this trip I went home with six packs of Victory Golden Monkey, Flying Dog Raging Bitch and Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale for a party that night.  Out of frame to the left of the cooler is a decent selection of large bottles.  I might return for a few of the Stone Old Guardian 2013 bottles.  

And it seems to truly be a mom and pop shop with mom at the cash register as dad stocked the shelves.  Their young son held the door while dad worked.  It felt good to support this hard working family that's been through several recent break ins according to a KSTP story.  With a slightly different variety compared to my other local options, I think an occasional trip to Mendota Liquor is in order for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment