Thursday, October 12, 2006

South Shore Brewery (Ashland, WI)

We showed up here late after a long day, and then felt old. I think we were in time for the local youngsters starting the meat market. Still a nice place, but I would probably enjoy it more in the afternoon sipping on a pint. I didn't order any food, but some friends ordered pizza and seemed to enjoy it thoroughly. Free popcorn was fresh, buttered, and hot. Big place in a historic building and lost of nooks and crannies to sit and hang out.

Overall the beer is good to middlin'. Had a pint of the Rhoads Scholar Stout, which was a perfectly fine brew, but not what I hoped for by buying the expensive $5 pint rather than one of the others. All the farther I got.  We stayed overnight in Ashland, which is really cool in the morning light during a dawn walk. Historic downtown and nature is a good draw, one I hope to avail myself of again someday and give South Shore another shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment