Sunday, May 6, 2012

Big Brew at Lucid Brewing (Lucid Brewing, Minnetonka, MN)

Ian @ Lucid.  
Free on a very wet Saturday afternoon and heading to Town Hall for the Blessing of the Maibock, Ian and I decided to make a quick stop at the Big Brew get together of the Minnesota Home Brewers Association.  I've done the full day at the Big Brew in the past, but haven't been back in a while.  The owners/brewers of Lucid Brewing have connections to the club, so it's great that they are hosting an event.

I'm a MHBA member, but rarely make the meetings.  So, today, I thought it would be fun to drop in and say hi, and taste the Lucid brews for the first time.  I'm also a kickstarter supporter that gives space to homebrewers to collaborate with the brewers of Lucid to create limited release batches in the future.  It's a really great idea and I look forward to trying some of these collaboration releases.  

Lucid had a jockey box of their beers sitting on the dock, so we had some samples.  Air, while purposely a very light wheat ale, has a lot of flavor and is brewed exceptionally clean.  Moved on to Dyno, and was shocked by the hop punch because I didn't really know anything about the beer.  Compared to Air, it was a huge step up but Dyno seemed more in perspective after the Camo.  The  Double IPA Camo did not disappoint. Camo is a high impact DIPA that was quite enjoyable to drink.  I'm looking forward to being able to review some drafts in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment