Thursday, May 31, 2012

Steel Toe growler run (Steel Toe Brewing, St. Louis Park, MN)

Steel Toe Brewery
Finally, after several weeks of trying, I was able to get down to Steel Toe Brewing to pick up some growlers.  Hours are relatively short and St. Louis Park is a ways away for me.  Initial tastings were very good.

Dissent sample on site
served by Jason
I had samples of four Steel Toe brews: Size 7, Provider, Dissent and Rainmaker.  I had a draft of Rainmaker to end of my day at the Brown Bag Blind Tasting in January and really loved the beer. Oddly, not as excited about the sample on site.  Dissent and Size 7 were my favorites today, but impressed enough with Provider to go home with a growler (in part because they ran out of Dissent).

Got a two second tour of the brewhouse and an impromptu discussion with other beer geeks deciding what to purchase on a very wet Saturday morning.  A nice visit overall, and reviews of the growlers to follow.  You can get a better look at the brewhouse and Jason the owner/brewer on this week's KARE 11 Microbrew of the Week.

Size 7 review

Provider review

No comments:

Post a Comment