Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Anniversary Ale 2011 (Town Hall Brewery, Minneapolis, MN)

Copper colored IPA with a dirty white head that piles high in the glass into a rocky foam, even though from a growler. Clean, super fresh hop in the nose--almost like a fresh hop ale--it has so much fruit and pine it makes me think of summer. Strong hop bite that dominates a caramel and sweet malt base. Hop forward but the malt has enough of a spine to fight for itself. Chewy mouthfeel that leads to a lingering hop and malt presence between sips. In the last weeks, Anniversary 11 is the only draft I had every time I went in and I'm reviewing from the second growler. For me, the highest compliment from as an easily distracted drinker is to re-drink a great beer.  

Serving type: growler

Reviewed on: 11-09-2011 02:19:00

No comments:

Post a Comment