Thursday, July 28, 2011

Arcadia Brewing (Battle Creek, MI)

7/21/11

I didn't recognize Arcadia  from the pic on the BA site because I had to walk in the back due to construction work on the street in front of Arcadia. Follow the detour, and no problem. 

Walk in and there's an immense wooden bar with an angled rectangle jutting out into the floor space of this historic building. Brewery looks pretty big and is behind glass opposite of the bar. Maybe should've waited on dinner and had a pizza from the wood stove in the corner. Oh well.  

Hot in the bar, but with the heat wave outside, it's hard to imagine that any place is very cool today. I had a couple drafts--Hopmouth and B-Craft Black IPA. Both well served and delicious. Tried the homemade ale cheese with crackers, and, except for a personal taste of being too strong on the mustard, it was good. 

Arcadia has a friendly atmosphere with families, young and old all hanging out in the restaurant portion next to the bar. Attentive service. A very good stop that I would repeat if I found myself in downtown Battle Creek again.

No comments:

Post a Comment